"A Community that SWEATS Together, STAYS Together."

We want to provide a safe, encouraging, and positive environment for adults, kids, and athletes of all ages to learn, improve, and reach their health and fitness goals. Most importantly we want to be a place that people leave healthier and happier than when they walked in.


Member of the Month Ryan Aiello (Check out his story)



Ryan pictured to the left...giving some words of encouragement to one of our younger members:)

Once a month, we are going to be doing an article about one of our members...To kick this off we picked Ryan Aiello for our first article. A few tid-bits about Ryan, he is one of our most positive and supportive members always there to cheer on our fellow members and never afraid of a good challenge. Because of this attitude and great competitive spirit Ryan has made some very impressive gains. When Ryan started he could not do a full range of motion air squat. Nine months later and Ryan has worked his way on to the Strength board in several lifts including a 315lb Back squat. Pretty impressive for someone who couldn't do an air squat to start out...Below is what Ryan has to say about himself and CrossFit.

When did you start with BCF CrossFit?
August 2012

How did you hear about it?
Trish Birr invited Lisa and I to check it out.

What has CrossFit done for you?
CrossFit has done multiple things for me. First it’s made me appreciate and value being fit. I think most of this has to do with the holistic approach CrossFit brings in being fit in aerobic and strengthening. I also appreciate the awareness of diet and what we put in our bodies. Secondly, I would say CrossFit has changed my attitude towards working out. My programming towards working out is something mundane and boring; something with repetitive workouts. CrossFit for me keeps both my mind and body engaged by the variety of warm-up, strengthening, and WOD’s. Lastly, BCF CrossFit specifically, has given me another community of friends to grow and connect with in and outside of the gym, which has been just as rewarding as seeing the results physically.

What is your favorite exercise?
Overall, I tend to love anything we do with strengthening. My favorite lifts are the deadlifts and front and back squats. My favorite types of WOD’s are any of them that fall from 7-12 minutes and focus on getting as many reps in a certain time frame.

What is your least favorite exercise?
Burpees and Turkish Get-ups.


Favorite WOD?
To this day, I still loved doing the Veteran’s WOD due to it’s crazy challenge physically, but with a partner as well.

Least favorite WOD?
Jackie. She makes me run too much!!!


What do you like most about CrossFit?
The variety of workouts throughout the week focusing on different body development.

Where have you seen some of your biggest improvements?
Overall my strength in almost every part of me has increased significantly which is shown in our one time max lifts. I can also tell my body overall is much firmer and I feel like I have more energy on a day to day basis.

Has CrossFit helped you in your everyday life outside of the cage?
A couple of the things I have noticed in my everyday life as a result of CrossFit is better eating choices due to just trying to focus on my body and be healthier. Also, going to a routine class has helped balance my schedule more and contributes to positive time management.

Do you have a particularly fond memory?
For me, I have many cool moments during my CrossFit experience. In nutshell I would say I get the most out of CrossFit seeing a teammate succeed a challenging WOD or a lift I know they’ve been working on. It’s rewarding to see others grow as well.

Thanks again Ryan for being such a great part of our CrossFit family!