"A Community that SWEATS Together, STAYS Together."

We want to provide a safe, encouraging, and positive environment for adults, kids, and athletes of all ages to learn, improve, and reach their health and fitness goals. Most importantly we want to be a place that people leave healthier and happier than when they walked in.


Tuesday April 1st, 2014

Strength:

5 x 6 Back Squat
3 x 20 GHD Sit-Ups

WOD:

8 Rounds
5 DL (275/225/185) & (185/135/95)
100 M Sprint


What an inspiration this years Open competition was for me as an athlete and as a coach. I watched athletes pour their hearts and souls into these WOD's and it was an honor to be a part of it! Not because any of us were planning on competing for the title of Fittest On Earth but because I watched athletes do things they didn't even think possible. They pushed themselves to their limits and have now realized they can do so much more. As a coach it was a friendly reminder for me of the importance and power threshold training has in the world of fitness and CrossFit. It also re-kindled my passion for as an athlete; it made me take a step back and question my own training. Have I been really pushing my threshold? Or have I just settled at RX and a solid time, put it on the board and called it good for the day!

Did you really push as hard as you could today? When I watched people walk away from each of the Open WOD's over the last five weeks I saw gassed athletes. Not hands on my knees breathing deep, but truly spent! Laying on the ground like a floppy fish making very honorable sweat angels. We were all fine twenty minutes later, but I knew after each WOD that they had pushed their threshold and looking back now I just wonder where their/my fitness could be in 6-12 months if we could hit that intensity on a consistent basis? Do you remember that first time you tackled your first WOD? You know the first time that you really put it all out there and found yourself staring at the ceiling wondering what just happened? If you aren't getting the results you want take a look back over the last few months and see how often you are really pushing your threshold. If your honest with yourself, then you know what must be done...Get back to making sweat angels and don't be to cool to be a floppy fish:)...THANK YOU to all of the athletes that competed with us this year! It was an awesome thing to be a part of!!